Sacrament of Baptism
Congratulations as you celebrate the gift of new life. It is with joy that the Church receives your child as a candidate into the Sacrament of Baptism. Baptism is the great Sacrament of Initiation which makes us children of God and children of the Church. Baptism is the beginning of your child’s faith life. A life, that will be filled with the love of God. In presenting your child for Baptism, you assume the duty of training your child by word and example to love God and neighbor, and to be faithful members of the Church.
Please see the following Guidelines for Baptism:
Sacrament of Holy Communion
St. Pio in Lavallette and Sacred Heart in Bayhead have begun their Religious Education Registration for the 23-24 School year. The registration deadline is September 10, 2023. Please call John Paglione at 732-899-1398 ext: 5 for more information.
- Holy Communion will be distributed in the hand. Those wishing to receive Communion on the tongue should wait until the end of the Communion distribution and receive from the Priest.
- Only Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion with a valid Sacred Heart/St. Pio ID card can receive Communion in a Pyx to take to the sick and homebound. For anyone that is not a Eucharistic Minister and is requesting a Host needs to see the Priest before or after Mass. Hosts will not be distributed during Mass.
- If you need a low gluten Host, please go to the Communion line in the front on the pulpit side, and ask the Eucharistic Minister.
Sacrament of Marriage
This great sacrament of vocation is a joyous time, but also a time of very serious spiritual preparation. The responsibility assumed by the couple and the Church is significant. While many focus on the day of the wedding, we seek to prepare for the second day and beyond. The Bishops of NJ have adopted a policy to assist in this preparation. Attendance at Engaged Encounter, Pre-Cana, or another approved marriage preparation program, and individual sessions with a priest or deacon are required of all couples. Couples should contact the Parish Office one year in advance of the intended marriage, and before finalizing other details of the wedding particularly reception facilities. Please note that no date can be finalized until the couple meets with the priest!
Sacrament of the Sick
This sacrament is given for those facing serious illness or surgery, and for those of advanced years. If you or a family member is planning to enter the hospital, please see one of the priests following Mass if you would like to receive this sacrament. To make arrangements for Sacraments please call the parish office: 732-793-7291
When a loved one passes, please have the Funeral Home contact John Paglione at 732-899-1398, ext 5 to reserve a date for the funeral. Once the date has been set, you will be contacted by the Priest to meet to plan the Funeral Liturgy. This will include selecting readings and hymns for the Funeral Mass. If you would like to better prepare for this meeting, we offer the following selection of Readings, Prayers, and Hymns:
Obituary Notice Information:
- Should you wish to include St. Pio’s Church in your obituary notice for Memorial Contributions, please use the language below:
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in memory of Name be made to St. Pio of Pietrelcina Church, 103 Washington Ave., Lavallette, NJ 08735
- The physical address of the church for GPS directions is: 1200 Grand Central Ave., Lavallette, NJ 08735. The 103 Washington Ave. address is our mailing address and location of the Parish Hall and Offices.